Wednesday, October 6, 2010

P.C.M. Blog 1: Introduction


I am hereby starting the PCM blog post series!

What? You don't know what PCM blog posts are? Well, let me back up a second, and literally spell it out for your convenience...PCM = Pushup. Challenge. Minute.

You can follow me during this challenge...OR get down and join me!

*I invite EVERYONE to join me...especially those of you that hate push ups! This is a great way to set goals for yourself in getting better at them and I'll be there to help you out every step of the way. Please see me! (PC Cam)*

The run down:

Every week I'm going to:
-see how many pushups I can complete in a minute.
-Just a minute on the dot.
-I can stop as many times as I need, but every second resting is a pushup wasted.

I will place a bag glove on the floor, and make sure that only the pushups that make it down to the glove count towards my record.

Starting next Wednesday, the challenge is on: I will do my first minute.



The goal? To surpass my record by 30 pushups by December 1st...

Seems modest? I'll increase it if I have to.

What's the point? To be ridiculously good at push ups. You all know you want the same ;)

I invite you all to follow along with me on this journey. If you want to participate, you are more than welcome to do the challenge with me every week.

You can follow my progress here in a weekly blog post, as well as anyone who cares to join me :) If you are a genuine badass, you will do it ;)

And so I begin....



------------------------------------------------------------
*Some history*

How did I get started on this whole shebang? Well, some of you may know I grabbed the record for most consecutive proper pushups in the gym...I won't brag (...I got up to triple digits *okay, I bragged*).

But then PC Brian told me he'd been inspired by one of Ajahn's self workout routines: seeing how many proper pushups he can do in 45 minutes. PC Brian got to 1000 or something like that.



I couldn't fathom why you'd do pushups for 45 minutes straight. It seemed kind of excessive.

So I set out to do my own challenge. 1 minute may be shorter, but it's a different kind of challenge. I'm going to start with this one and see where it goes. I hope some of you will eventually come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment