Sunday, March 29, 2015

What a Night!

The York Muay Thai Exhibition Fight Night was a huge success!  

Live music performed by Crunchy Roll   and DJ Visuth,  Kirby and Gaston emceeing,  $10 haircuts by YMT students and Toronto barbers Khris and Alvin, a Lip sync battle which Kru Brian from Training Ground won the hearts of the children, Gary Goodridge and Jean's daughters presenting the medals, and of course the athletes who put on a craaaazy show of skill and heart!   How's that for a run on sentence??

After these pictures, you can see Kru Jen's full thank you message. Also, stay tuned for pictures from YMT's true photography genius, Johnny Tang!

Till then, here are some quick pics (also found on instragram #yorkmuaythai):

Visuth ready to spin!



Crunch Roll Band jammin live!


Khris cutting KC



Alvin and Khris at Work



Alvin doing what he loves



Full house!


Gary Goodridge, Canadian K-1 and MMA legend, with his two helpers giving out athlete participation medals:


Shanks repping YMT



Michael Science Guy repping YMT



Crunchy roll jammin, lip sync battles and demos:



"I don't know what to say but Thank you to everyone who came out last night. I was not expecting that at all. I hope you enjoy the fights, The Crunchy Roll Band and the Lip Sync battle namley Kru Brian Edwards killing it to Slick Rick.
To the gyms both the ones that could make it and the ones that couldn't. Thank you I know with so many fights happening now demonstrations take a back seat but you all came through with amazing matches! SouthSide Muay Thai you never ever let me down. your team looked great. Thank you Kru Bruce Ong. Kru Raul Rojas for jumping in to ref! thank you Yassir Saleh for being a dope Emcee!! Much love. Team Redemption Muay Thai for somehow giving me 4 fighters and saving my card while you both were in Iowa. Jake Mackenzie did a bang up job!! Team TKO and Kru Chris Greig for coming all that way for 1 fighter and Kru Yai Jay and Jeff Witzel for doing the samez my heart is warm and fuzzy. Siam No.1: Ajahn Suchart and Kru Adam Wright you guys filled in all the blanks and came through big time. i love you guys. Don Wonch and his beautiful lady for coming and spending their saturday with us from Hamilton. Great finally getting to meet you, great fight. Brampton Muay Thai and Kru Nick Bautista who is always ready to jump in where he can to help. You are my family. Thank You. Ajahn Amnat Yodkwain and team TKMT. I was so happy you came and your fighters did awesome. Thank you. thank you Kru Danny Beauclerc it was fantastic meeting you and your wife finally. I appreciate your support so much. Siam Woodbridge and Kru Ray. My friend you always come through. much love to you. Kru Brian Edwards and Training Ground, thank you for doing 10 different jobs in 1 night with ease! thank you! Kru Benson Virtucio and K2! Thank you for sending who you could after so many injuries. It meant a lot to have Krudar there. smile emoticon
My volunteers, I am beside myself at how hard you guys worked. Hadja Cherif you are such an incredible human. Love you. Imtiaz Halder you came in and made magic happen with the band, the equipment, the DJ. It was incredible. The Crunchy Roll Band was dope! Sound credits:
Crunchy Roll - Larissa Obidiente (vocals), Kevin Salinas (guitar), Lisa Li (bass), Ryan Tindugan (drums).https://m.facebook.com/TheCrunchyRollBand/
YMT Sound Crew - Franz 'GK' Liverpool - Sound Engineer/Producerhttps://m.facebook.com/GKBeatZTha1ne
DJ Visuth aka. Darwin facebook.com/onewiththemusic.
Thank you a million times over to Maxim Pere of Infightstyle and Leech Gee of Valour Sports for supplying us with giveaways!
Poo Choi Rolando Nuez all I can say is that you are amazing. smile emoticon
Thank you Gary Goodridge for coming to support the show and for the wonderful little ladies giving out the medals.
Thank you Khris G. Calayca and Alvin Lam for the hair cutting station. Everyone looked fresh and it was great seeing you both in your element. Great work guys!
My fighters Shashaank Sreenivasan and Michael Reid you were both fantastic. Kru Cam, PC Construction, PC David and PC Patrick did a great job training you but you guys listened and executed. Beautiful. I am proud.
PC Patrick Wallace, Kru Cam and Constantine Kalsatos for superior cornering , Peter Ng, Khanh Lam, Michelle Vnh, Mike Bonello, Ilir Serbo, Julius Crowe, Melissa Chan, Praveen, Misha Sinkovsky,PC Steve Tsai, Gas Ton for ripping it up at the end in the mic, we both knew I was horrible. PC David Kim, you never let us down, ever and it amazed me. Thank you. Some new toys coming your way. Carm for being the best damn friend I could ask for.
Lastly but certainly not least my love Derrick Henriques. We took on a lot together this week and you helped train my fighters and worked the show as if it were your home gym. I know you can't be exactly where you would like to be training and fighting right now but it means a lot to me and YMT that you support us. Thanks for putting up with my shit and craziness.
If I have missed anyone then Im a big jerkface and am very sorry. Thank you.
Kru Jen"


No comments:

Post a Comment